Tomorrow, citizens across Europe commemorate the signature of the Treaty of Rome 60 years ago. This commemoration comes at a decisive moment for our continent. The European project is, more than ever...
Call for FYEG GA host organisation 2017
Deadline: 30th of October 2016
Dear FYEG Member Organisations,
The FYEG's Executive Committee (EC) would hereby like to announce the opening of a call for a host for the General Assembly (GA) 2017 scheduled for the second half of May 2017. We would like to encourage our Member organisations (MO) to apply.
Traditionally, the GA is to be hosted by a different MO every year, and FYEG strives for regional balance in the organisation of its events. 2018 being FYEG’s 30th anniversary, we will aim to have it in a central location in order to facilitate alumni’s venue; we would therefore especially encourage our MOs from a bit more peripheral countries of Europe to apply this year. Please take into consideration the list of the places of previous GAs:
2016 Prague, Czech Republic ; 2015 Tbilisi, Georgia ; 2014 Strasbourg, France; 2013 Mechelen, Belgium; 2012 Barcelona, Catalonia; 2011 Luxembourg.
If your organisation is interested in hosting the next GA, great! We kindly ask you to submit a short application to help us decide on the best possible location.
This application should contain:
• an overview of the accommodation options: mainly youth hostels (or students dorms or cheap hotels or whatever is not incredibly costly) including costs per night per person, breakfast and other meals options for about 100 people, other facilities that the places offer; whether the hostels are close to the meeting room; any other relevant aspects. Please be sure, that this hostel is ready to host international groups.
• an overview of the transportation options that the place offers: is it easily accessible by road, railway or airway? Would are the average costs of travel from various regions of Europe?
• the availability of a conference room suitable for around 100 participants, where we can possibly also have a food corner: can your organization provide such a room; or if it has to be booked, what are the costs?
• co-funding possibilities
• ideas for political actions before, during or after the GA (not obligatory)
• A short statement on behalf of your organization, expressing the interested to be the host of the GA and the commitment to take part in the entire planning and organizing process. This gathering will last for about 4/5 days and will consist of the statutory meeting (i.e. the GA) and possibly a conference.
May 2017 might be a troublesome electoral period for some of you, but take into account that FYEG’s GA’s program is built together with the hosting organisation and any creative and experimental proposals will be welcomed! Organizing a General Assembly is a time and resource consuming, but it is a worthwhile effort and a well-invested time, great team-building experience for your organisation. FYEG will support you throughout the preparations.
The decision regarding the selected location will be communicated by the beginning of November.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
FYEG Executive committee,
Jean-Michel, Maria, Adria, Paula, Fabian, Nastja, Teo, and Marie